Hi Ladies, I’m posting this today because I’m bringing my friend away tomorrow night. (Can’t wait to post on that 😀 )
Ok, so to cut to the chase, I have made a list of things to do on Valentine’s for the single girl(s) ranging from a variety of activities. So let’s jump right in.
- Do nothing. I’m just saying this first to get it out of the way. V-Day is on a Sunday this year and if like me you work Monday to Friday you will be in bed early haha. But if also like me you use any excuse to go out or do something fun keep reading.
2. Have a duvet day. Get junk food, some cheesey movies (or whatever the hell kinda films you like) and just flake! Obviously you can do this with your friends too. Hell you could do this with your boyfriend. Cheap and cosy.
3. Offer to babysit for a couple who rarely get to go out together. Be the cool aunt. Plus then they owe you a favour 😉
4. Check out a gig or film you really want to see and go! (Bear in mind you may be surrounded by couples).
5. Buy yourself a gift. I’m not saying buy flowers and pretend they’re from someone. But why not spoil yourself? Been eyeing up those shoes or earrings? Happy Valentine’s me!
6. Volunteer. Sure fire way to feel good by helping others.
7. Visit a friend or family member you haven’t seen in a while.
8. Have a pamper day. Penneys have awesome little treats like face masks, hand treatments etc. Again, you can do this alone or with the girls.
9. Let someone else pamper you. If you have the money why not? Check out Pigsback or Groupon and get a deal! Again, you can ask the girls to join. (Bear in mind most salons don’t open Sunday but heck, do it Saturday!)
All the single ladies
10. Go for a fancy ass dinner (again bear in mind that you will be surrounded by couples) or something cheap like Eddie’s (you’re still gonna be surrounded by couples).
11. Go away for the night. Again check out the discount websites and get a good deal. They usually include dinner/breakfast and shopping/spa credit.
12. The Chain Gang are performing in Club Viva Athlone on Valentine’s night. Ladies I saw this show last year, it is so fun! If you can organise to go you definitely should! Here is the link http://thechaingangshow.com/our-strippers/
13. There is a singles party for 30-45 year olds on the 13th in Howl at the moon. Tickets are €15 and can be bought here http://www.getout.ie/Singles-Parties.cfm?CatID=6
14. The next two posts are on McGowans of Phibsboro. As you know I have already gone to one of their monthly singles nights and I loved it! They are holding one on the 14th and looks to be a great one! It is free, you can register here https://www.facebook.com/mcgowansclub
15. McGowans are also holding a speed dating event on Saturday 13th. If you checked out my Single Girl’s Bucket List, you will know this is on my list so Ihave persuaded my friends to go with me. See you there!
16. Singles night in the Gallagher Hotel, Letterkenny on the 13th. Check it out here https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/valentines-singles-night-tickets-20811916001?aff=es2
17. Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind showing in Dublin. Dinner option available too. Tickets here https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/no-love-lost-valentines-dinner-eternal-sunshine-of-the-spotless-mind-screening-tickets-21064259768?aff=es2
18. Cupid’s cherubs- This look like a gant sleep over but it looks cool. Check it out here https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/cupids-cherubs-tickets-20711608980?aff=es2
19. The Old Burough in Swords is also doing speed dating on the 14th. https://www.facebook.com/Theoldborough/
20. Another speed dating event is being held in Reilly’s bar in Ardee on the 12th. This is for charity, they are raising money for the ISPCC. Always a good cause! https://www.facebook.com/events/1696262843985491/
Well there you go guys, I hope there is something there that interests. I tried to include a couple of things from outside of Dublin. Whatever you decide to do, have fun 🙂