Happy hump day! Almost there guys, just hang on!
Ok so did you know it was Random acts of kindness day?? Neither did I until I saw Be Like Water’s post this morning! https://wordpress.com/read/post/feed/18065032/931879494
So it got me thinking of ways in which we could celebrate this awesome day. And here are my top tips to be that EXTRA bit kind. (I say extra because we should all be kind everyday right?)
- Buy someone a tea/coffee (or offer to make them one).
- Call a friend or family member you haven’t spoke to in a while.
- Ask an elderly neighbour if they need anything in the shop. we used to do this as kids all the time (in fairness you used to get 50p for doing it but the thought was still in it).
- Call in to an elderly neighbour for a cuppa.
- Look into volunteering for a couple of hours a week, month etc (whatever time you can give).
- Bring a treat (healthy or bold, your choice) to the office for everyone.
- Hold a charity lunch.
- Don’t interrupt anyone today.
- Compliment someone to their boss.
- Help someone with their trolley, buggy etc.
- Smile at someone. This one is so easy & simple and not enough people are doing it.
- Donate those clothes you know you’ll never wear to a charity shop.
- Donate your old eyeglasses so someone else can see. (Most Specsavers have collection boxes)
- Pay the toll for the person behind you.
- Tell your parents or siblings how much you appreciate them.
- Put a euro in an expired meter.
- Say ‘please’ and ‘thank you’- manners cost nothing.
- Ask someone how they are- and really listen.
- Say good morning to the person at your bus stop or in the elevator.
- Be kinder to yourself.
I hope you guys enjoyed these tips and try to implement one or more in your day. I will leave you with these words I read as a teenager and have always stuck with me:
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some sort of battle.