This is a fellow Irish blog I came across in a Facebook group. Very inspiring!
I can’t live my life all over again, but if I could offer some advice to a younger Tom then there are 10 things I would say:
- You can’t change your disfigured face, but you can change your attitude. Don’t surrender to negative thoughts.
- The biggest enemy is yourself, not anyone else. Don’t find that out the hard way.
- Don’t stop yourself from meeting people, or going out socially just because you look the way you do. Most people don’t care and will happily accept you. Seriously.
- Switch off when you notice people staring. You can’t stop them staring, but not as many people stare as you think. I found that out as the years rolled by.
- Ignore the occasional insults and abuse that come your way. I’ve experienced a few incidents, but if you allow them to affect you long term then they will stop you enjoying the best…
View original post 289 more words